Open Rank Professor in Science Education
Work type: University Tenure Line
Location: Stanford University
Categories: Graduate School of Education
The Stanford Graduate School of Education (GSE) seeks a Professor of Science Education (pre-K–12). We welcome applications from scholars at all ranks in the field of science education, broadly conceived, including science curriculum, science teaching, learning and assessment and/or policy in formal or informal contexts. Experience of practice in teaching science, science teacher education, or science program, support, development, and evaluation are desirable.
Candidates should have an intellectually vibrant trajectory of scholarship. The successful candidate will teach graduate courses with a focus on science education and advise masters and doctoral-level students within the GSE. The candidate will also play a significant role in the science methods courses of Stanford’s Teacher Education Program (STEP) and contribute to the GSE and Stanford community.
The GSE faculty represents considerable diversity, including in its theoretical, methodological, and substantive expertise and interests. We seek a colleague who can work effectively within this multidisciplinary community.
Applicants should provide:
- a cover letter describing their research agenda and teaching experience
- curriculum vitae
- three scholarly publications
- applicants for the rank of assistant professor should submit three letters of reference. You can either upload the letters when filling out your application or we will request them on your behalf if you indicate that you are applying for the rank of Assistant Professor and provide us with names and contact information.
- applicants for associate or full professor rank should submit a list of three names of references (complete with addresses and phone numbers). We will request letters of recommendation for a short list of finalists only
- the Graduate School of Education values faculty who are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates may optionally include as part of their research or teaching statement a brief discussion of how their work will further these ideals.
Please submit applications by November 1st, 2021.
Questions pertaining to this position may be directed initially to the chair of the search committee:
Professor Bryan Brown, Chair email@example.com
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend