Assistant, Associate, Professor
The Stanford University School of Medicine (Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine) is seeking applications for an open rank faculty position with a focus on development of emerging technologies and their clinical application (see below for details). The successful candidate will join a vibrant and dynamic department committed to innovative research and with unparalleled access to patients and resources for clinical application of novel technologies. The department provides an excellent environment for translational and collaborative research for MD and/or PhD candidates. Co-appointment in an engineering department will be considered based on the interests of the successful candidate.
- Establish and maintain an independent research program focused on the development and application of emerging technologies in translational settings, including but not limited to augmented and virtual reality, wearable devices, energy harvesting and self-powering devices, computer-brain interface, human-computer interface, closed-loop systems, frugal artificial intelligence, implantable devices, remote patient monitoring, and miniaturized sensor design.
- Develop team-science programs in collaborations with local experts. Existing areas of expertise in the department include, but are not limited to, neuroscience, immunology, cardiovascular health, perioperative health, maternal and child health, outcomes research, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, pain management, and pharmacology.
- Participate in the department's educational programs by teaching and mentoring students, residents, and fellows.
- Provide clinical services to patients in the perioperative and critical care settings (if applicable).
The successful candidate will join a vibrant and dynamic department committed to innovative research, exceptional patient care, and outstanding education. The Department of Anesthesiology has a long history of research excellence, and faculty members enjoy a collaborative and supportive environment that fosters the pursuit of new ideas and the translation of research findings into improved patient care. Co-appointment with an engineering department will be considered based on the interests of the successful candidate.
Open rank. Faculty rank and line will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- The predominant criterion for appointment in the University Tenure Line is a major commitment to research and teaching.
- The major criteria for appointment for faculty in the University Medical Line shall be excellence in the overall mix of clinical care, clinical teaching, scholarly activity that advances clinical medicine, and institutional service appropriate to the programmatic need the individual is expected to fulfill.
- The major criterion for appointment for faculty in the Non-tenure Line (Research) is evidence of high-level performance as a researcher for whose special knowledge a programmatic need exists.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford also welcomes applications from others who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
The Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine Department, School of Medicine, and Stanford University value faculty who will help foster an inclusive academic environment for colleagues, students, and staff with a wide range of backgrounds, identities, and outlooks. Candidates may choose to include as part of their research and teaching statements a brief discussion about how their work and experience will further these ideals. Additional information about Stanford's IDEAL initiative may be found here: https://ideal.stanford.edu/about-ideal/diversity-statement.
Submit CV and a brief candidate statement.
Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Submission of application materials prior to January 5, 2023 is encouraged.
Please contact Dr. Nima Aghaeepour c/o Barbara Chargin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
This role is open to candidates with varying degrees. The pay offered to the selected candidate will be based on their degree(s) and/or clinical duties. The expected base pay range for likely degrees with no clinical duties, are listed below. Interested candidates whose degree is not listed below may contact the hiring department for the salary range specific to their degree.
Assistant Professor: $185,000 - $203,000
Associate Professor: $218,000 – $242,000
Professor: $266,000 - $366,000
MD or MD/PhD:
Assistant Professor: $190,000 - $208,000
Associate Professor: $218,000 - $242,000
Professor: $261,000 - $321,000
This pay range reflects base pay, which is based on faculty rank and years in rank. It may not include all components of faculty compensation or pay from participation in departmental incentive compensation programs. For more information about compensation and our wide-range of benefits, including housing assistance, please contact the hiring department.
Stanford University has provided a pay range representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for the position. The pay offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors including (but not limited to) the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate including equivalent years in rank, training, and field or discipline; internal equity; and external market pay for comparable jobs.